There are 571 of our neighbors who have become member-owners of Kensington Community Food Co-op (some of them include you!) and that number is increasing weekly.
One of the benefits of being a member-owner is getting great discounts at over 40 shops, cafes, and other services throughout the community through the ShopLocal program. Another unique membership benefit is being able to invest further in this local business and your community by making a loan to assist in opening a member-owned grocery store in your neighborhood.
If you would like to become a member-owner, go to www.kcfc.coop or email email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you are interested in volunteering with KCFC, email Holly Logan at email@example.com.
You can also join us at the future site of the Co-op (2670 Coral Street, intersection of Frankford, Lehigh and Coral) on Thursday, 10/30 from 7:30-9 pm to see the space, meet some of the KCFC board members, and get any questions answered! Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to seeing you at the store!
This month’s Olde Richmond Civic Association agenda includes:
- Larry Levin, a Realtor from Coldwell Banker Preferred, will speak about the business
- Nicholas DeAngelo will introduce you to EveryBlock.com, a great way to find out what’s happening around you, to follow what’s happening in your neighborhood and connect with your neighbors
- Bridget Day from PennDOT will update you on the I-95 Section AFC project (Betsy Ross Bridge to Girard avenue)
- Jessica Craft will introduce you to Rock to the Future, a local nonprofit that provides free music education to Philadelphia’s underserved youth
- There will be also time to hear your ideas and concerns!
You are also welcome to join us at Cook and Shaker afterwards!
EKNA and NKCDC will be holding a Free Yard Tree Giveaway on Saturday, November 8, 2014!
These trees must be planted in a front, side, or rear yard – NOT the sidewalk.
You are responsible for picking up and planting the tree yourself. The giveaway will be at the NCKDC Garden Center on Frankford Ave (Frankford Ave at Berks St) on 11/8 from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. Any leftover trees may be available on a first come first serve basis from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm.
To apply for a free yard tree, please fill out the application available here.
The EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) is offering a free soil testing this Saturday, October 25, 2014 at the Cione Recreation Center from 9AM – 5PM. In addition to soil testing, they are offering free blood lead testing for children from 1-6 years old.
More details on the flyers below.