Larry Levin follows up on his presentation for ORCA’s October General Membership Meeting. Read more here: ORCA Presentation by Larry Levin.
If you couldn’t make it out to our October General Membership Meeting, you can catch up here on what you missed: October 28 Meeting Minutes
There are 571 of our neighbors who have become member-owners of Kensington Community Food Co-op (some of them include you!) and that number is increasing weekly.
One of the benefits of being a member-owner is getting great discounts at over 40 shops, cafes, and other services throughout the community through the ShopLocal program. Another unique membership benefit is being able to invest further in this local business and your community by making a loan to assist in opening a member-owned grocery store in your neighborhood.
If you would like to become a member-owner, go to www.kcfc.coop or email email email@example.com for more information. If you are interested in volunteering with KCFC, email Holly Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This month’s Olde Richmond Civic Association agenda includes:
- Larry Levin, a Realtor from Coldwell Banker Preferred, will speak about the business
- Nicholas DeAngelo will introduce you to EveryBlock.com, a great way to find out what’s happening around you, to follow what’s happening in your neighborhood and connect with your neighbors
- Bridget Day from PennDOT will update you on the I-95 Section AFC project (Betsy Ross Bridge to Girard avenue)
- Jessica Craft will introduce you to Rock to the Future, a local nonprofit that provides free music education to Philadelphia’s underserved youth
- There will be also time to hear your ideas and concerns!
You are also welcome to join us at Cook and Shaker afterwards!